Tuesday, April 15, 2014

support.

"And now... behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." (Alma 36:3)

I know from some very real personal experiences that God usually does NOT take away our trials, troubles, and afflictions. But I also know that he has never made me struggle alone. During those times, He was always there supporting me.

Merriam-Webster defines the word support as: to hold up or serve as a foundation for, uphold, advocate, champion, protect.

The index to the Triple Combination says "see also Help; Maintain, Preserve, Uphold".

God is there for us when we need Him. He is there to be our foundation. He is there to uphold us, protect us, and help us. He is our advocate. He wants us to master our weaknesses, defeat our enimies, and triumph over our trials. There are some days that He is there just to hold us up.

And what does He ask of us? He asks us to put our trust in Him. We must trust Him. We must trust that He will take care of us and support us in our trials. We must trust Him that if we keep His commandments, he will bless us. We must trust Him that He will answer our prayers. We must trust Him. If we do, He will support us in our trials and we will "be lifted up at the last day".



Elder Robert D. Hales, an apostle of the Lord said, "On a few occasions, I told the Lord that I had surely learned the lessons to be taught and that it wouldn't be necessary for me to endure any more suffering. Such entreaties seemed to be of no avail, for it was made clear to me that this purifying process of testing was to be endured in the Lord's time and in the Lord's own way...I learned that I would not be left alone to meet these trials and tribulations..."

Whether the support of the Lord comes through other people, sacred experiences, or the Holy Ghost, they do come. Trust in Him and you will always have the support you need. I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: